I have decided that I need to start chronicling the gifts in my life in this space. I find that when I do not pause and write down my gifts that I quickly forget all the beauty, wonder, and loveliness in life. I have a gratitude journal, but I need the accountability of stopping once a week and considering what I am thankful for each week. Below are a few of the things that I am thankful for this week.
- My children say funny things everyday. They really keep me laughing.
- My husband and I had coffee and an inspiring conversation with a good friend.
- My kids and I enjoyed an afternoon at the park with a play-group from church.
- I am thankful for a new Sermon series at church that I think is going to be very encouraging and thought-provoking.
- A friend prayed with me after church on Sunday and encouraged me so much.
- My littlest had her pony-tailed by one of my friends and a fellow mom at church, and she was talking about the pony-tail the rest of the day.
- I love coffee or tea breaks.
- I love receiving Facebook messages from friends.
- Our cats make our whole family laugh with their silly antics, and the kids love playing with them.
This song is really inspiring me this week. Just look up, and know you are loved, today.
So, what are you thankful for today?