Sometimes I really need a change of perspective to lift my spirit. I get discouraged and forget that I need to be constantly on the lookout for the good in every situation. I am thankful that God gave me my children. Their funny antics never cease to bring a smile to my face. I also love how God will use the beauty of a bunny or bird or some other animal that I see in my yard to encourage me. I am blessed to have people in my life that bring a smile to my face and laughter to my heart on my down days. I hope that I am able to encourage others when they need a a little lift. I am especially thankful for the wonderful privilege given to us by Jesus to lift our prayers and concerns to the very Throne Room of God. Another habit that helps me focus on the good is counting gifts. Here are a few of the things that I am thankful for this week.*
- A wonderful visit with my best friend whom I will miss when she goes back home in a couple of days.
- My bestie surprised my husband and I by buying our family dinner on Sunday afternoon.
- We also enjoyed yummy Mocha lattes.
- My children loved their surrogate Auntie who they met in person for the first while she was on this trip.
- Our family enjoyed the New Mexico History museum. The Princess enjoyed looking at the covered wagon and stagecoach exhibits.
- The song Cornerstone by Hillsong is so encouraging and inspiring to me. I was really encouraged by the worship service at church this week.
- I was able to talk to my Granny on the phone today.
What are you thankful for this week?
Five Minute Friday is a community that gathers to write on a prompt for five minutes. This week’s prompt was lift. You can learn more about Five Minute Friday here.
*This was the point where my five minutes ended.